The Berlin Contemporary China Network (BCCN) was founded in Spring 2021. It is a joint initiative by researchers at the Humboldt University of Berlin, the Freie Universität Berlin, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology, and the Technische Universität Berlin.
The key objectives of the BCCN are to
- strengthen the links and exchange among Berlin-based scholars working on contemporary China at the participating institutions;
- engage in collaborative research and teaching projects;
- provide a public platform for highlighting the collective China-related expertise available in Berlin.
Members of the BCCN are collectively organizing a variety of events and spaces for exchange, such as
- an annual BCCN Lecture Series;
- academic talks, workshops and public roundtables;
- a junior researchers’ forum;
- joint university seminars;
- and collective research projects.