The Berlin Contemporary China Network (BCCN) was founded in Spring 2021. It is a joint initiative by researchers at the Humboldt University of Berlin, the Freie Universität Berlin, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology, and the Technische Universität Berlin.
The key objectives of the BCCN are to
- strengthen the links and exchange among Berlin-based scholars working on contemporary China at the participating institutions;
- engage in collaborative research and teaching projects;
- provide a public platform for highlighting the collective China-related expertise available in Berlin.
Members of the BCCN are collectively organizing a variety of events and spaces for exchange, such as
- an annual BCCN Lecture Series;
- academic talks, workshops and public roundtables;
- a junior researchers’ forum;
- joint university seminars;
- and collective research projects.
To find out more about the BCCN, please take a look at our upcoming events. Please contact us if you want to join BCCN activities:
Berlin Contemporary China Network
Institut für Asien- und Afrikawissenschaften
z.H. Dr. Daniel Fuchs
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
You can sign up to stay up-to-date with the latest BCCN news.
You can also find us on YouTube and Twitter.